Friday 18 February 2011

Last Spag Bog for the next couple of months...

So, my turn to prepare a meal for the masses. D gave me one hour, told me to time it and left. K took off too. This is how much they trust me in the kitchen. I set the timer on my phone, determined to prove them wrong.

Spaghetti bolognese. Easy. Mum taught me how, nothing can go wrong. Right?

Sliced the onions and capsicum, chopped the carrot, grated the zucchini. No blood yet. I'm doing great, in the scheme of things. No large pan, so let's use the electric frying pan. Onion in. Mince in. Vegies in. Sauce and tinned tomatoes in. Oops, sauce splattered over the white tiled splash back. Don't worry, it'll wipe right off. K walks back in at this point. Do I need help? Nuh, I'm on a roll. Oh yeah, you can clean that red mess off the walls if you like...

Alright, so now's it's simmering and you know what, that's it! I've cooked a meal. 28 minutes thank you very much, D. Just spaghetti to cook later.

D arrives home and reminds me that G advised putting red wine into the sauce. Let's add some! Oh, and pour ourselves a glass whilst we're at it.

About 30 minutes later, I've cooked the spaghetti (And tested it by throwing it at the wall where there is now a slight spaghetti mark. Perfect.) and we're sitting around the table eating. Pretty good, even if I do say so myself. Good even though it's spag bol with DUN DUN DUN fake mince! Yep, I don't eat red meat so I cooked it with that fake Sanitarium mince, tastes just the same ;) Surprise!

A little while later and we've gone through another bottle of wine, white this time. K wants seconds (yeah, you read right, seconds) so she puts on some more spaghetti. Half an hour later....

B: Is your spaghetti ready?
K: [insert expletive here]!
Burnt spaghetti, mmmm mmm
The rest of the night involved a lot of wine drinking. A lot. Red wine, white wine, champagne... Oh and we saw the spag bol again - all over the bathroom. Oops.

Pointers:
  1. Don't cook spag bol in an electric frying pan - it gets messy.
  2. Grate both the zucchini AND the carrot. It cooks faster.
  3. Put a timer on whilst cooking spaghetti.
  4. Don't mix your wines, EVER - it gets messy.
  5. Leave the red wine to the spag bol, it handles it better.
Cheers!
7/10
B

3 comments:

  1. And all I can think of is how the hell it's possible to burn spaghetti.
    retards. <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. I found a way. I am special like that :D

    ReplyDelete